Sunday 16 March 2014

Blitz in 2014 so far

I just finished third out of series of four Biking blitz race. This time it was Ticknock in Dublin. Starting from the top...
The first one I entered this year was in Balinastoe, wicklow. I was curious how it would be to enter the race as a Super Pro ( twice the distance than the last year), so I signed up and participated in that category. I came last, but I was happy I finished it at all. Distance was very long, too long for me to be racing it, but that's not the point really. I wanted to experience how elite XC racing looks like these days. Well I'm not going to go on and on about it but I was discusted. It's a road race on the mountain bikes. Exactly the attitude and behaviour I hated in Road Cycling twenty years ago. Young guys so drugged up and wound up that it was scary to look them in the face. 
But hey, I wanted to see it and I did.  I know I will not be pushing my children into XC racing. Next race was in Derroura ,Galway. This time I entered Baggy Shorts (same cat as previous year), more suitable for beginners. I was very happy with the result. I finished mid table. 
Today's race was in Ticknock and my wife and two kids went with me. 
I was so happy they were there and they got to meet the guys I'm riding with. The fact that they were there, made so comfortable on the trail, that I bet all of my records I have previously set on that mountain. Another great thing about today was, there was four of us from The ML Syndicate racing. So great results! And Sinéad ( one of The ML Syndicate riders) was on the podium again, like on all the previous races. Well done Sinéad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment