Sunday 16 March 2014

The year 2013 in short

So, I as said in the earlier post, I was a happy owner of Cube AMS at the start of 2013. Darragh ( the bike shop owner) introduced me to Kilkenny bike club Crucial Mtb. All was good on the Facebook but when it came to spins I just could not go whenever the boys went out for the spin. Thru the Facebook I found out about Biking Blitz. The race series, that was beginner friendly. I thought I have to give it a shot. And I did. Had a great time on all the races, but my results where rather poor. I was never last mind you but almost...
Nevertheless I got to meet people, and again via Facebook I found out about a new club KMBC starting out in north kildare. I knew few lads ( and ladies) that where already members, so I asked can I join them on few spins. I had a good time with them but, I couldn't go on all the spins with them, as they where all long distance away from my house. The one I really enjoyed was going from Dublin to Glendalough mostly over the Wicklow Way. Great spin, over 40 km on the trails across the mountains. 
During all that time I kept in touch with the people who were training on the Mt. Leinster. And almost at the of 2013 Garry Williams, numerous downhill champion, announced that he will be starting a club on the Mt. Leinster. So I waited untill that happened and here we are today I'm a proud member of The ML syndicate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment